This was a simple but classy salad I had to do at school. I'm currently studying to become a chef and I thought I'd share. ^___^
I'd say for a better result, add some water to the coconut milk so it covers the duck completely.
Spiced Duck Salad
1 Duck leg
1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
1 Lemon Grass
50ml Coconut Milk
1 Apple (Julienne)
15g Green Bean (Chopped Fine)
15g Chinese Cabbage (Chiffonnade)
2 Red Chillies (De Seeded and Chopped)
¼ Bunch Thai Basil
¼ Red Chilli
15ml Fish Sauce
15ml Lime Juice
15g Palm Sugar
10gm Tamarind Paste (Watered down to honey consistency)
- Rub duck leg with fish sauce, let sit for 30mins. (Ideal to leave for few hours).
- Place in pot with galangal, lemon grass and 2 lime leaves and pour the coconut milk over the top.
- Next place in an oven at 180˚C and cook for two hours or until the duck is well cooked and the meat falls from the bone.
- When cooked, place the duck leg into a clean container, remove the thigh bone and place back in oven to crispen.
- In a mixing bowl combine all salad ingredients with the remaining lime leaf cut into strips.
- Last mix all the dressing ingredients together and toss through salad.
- Serve the hot crispy duck leg with the salad.