I'd like to share my sunday dinner with you... It was super yummy ! I posted the non weight watchers recipes on my regular journal but I actually made the weight watchers version to serve to my family. so here are the photos and the modified versions with points value !
It's a little heavy on points but I did my best to reduce it all ... you can change up some of the stuff obviously !
so here goes:Curried Cauliflower Soup with Red Pepper Puree
POINTS value 3
1 large head cauliflower cut up into florets
1 medium onion(s)
3 second spr PAM Cooking Spray
2 cup Tropicana Pure Premium Orange Juice
1 cup fat-free chicken broth
1 Tbsp curry powder
1 medium sweet red pepper(s)
1/2 cup canned tomato Juice
1 Tbsp Carapelli Extra virgin olive oil
Instructions For the Curried Cauliflower Soup:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray cauliflower florets and onion with Pam, season with salt and pepper and place in a roasting pan. Roast for 30 minutes, until well caramelized. Put into a large soup pot and add orange juice, stock, curry powder and check for seasoning. Bring to a boil, turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes.
Puree with an immersion blender, or in small batches in a blender.
Reheat just prior to serving. Garnish with Red Pepper Puree.For the Red Pepper Puree:
Simmer all of the ingredients together until peppers are soft.
Puree in a blender until smooth.
Drizzle into the hot soup.Chicken with Feta Cheese
POINTS value 8
4 breast uncooked chicken breast
3/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
3 sprays cooking spray
1. In a small bowl, combine feta and oregano. Make a pocket in chicken breasts: Holding chicken flat with palm of one hand, make an incision in thicker side of each breast with a paring knife. Carefully pivot the knife to create a deep pocket, keeping the other side of the chicken breast intact. Stuff pockets with feta mixture, dividing evenly; generously season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil ( cooking spray) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook until browned on both sides, 6 to 7 minutes per side.
3. Cover skillet, and continue cooking until chicken is opaque throughout and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 160°, about 5 minutes more. Remove chicken to a platter, and keep warm.
4. To the skillet, add chicken stock, and cook, stirring up brown bits with a wooden spoon until reduced slightly. Add lemon juice and butter. Reduce the heat to low, and swirl pan until butter is melted, and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve chicken drizzled with sauce.
___________________Greek Lemon Roasted Potatoes
POINTS value 3
8 medium uncooked potato(es)
1/4 cup Carapelli Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Heat oven to 500°. Place quartered potatoes in a metal roasting pan large enough to fit potatoes in a single layer. Add 1 cup water, olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss potatoes until well coated.
2. Bake, uncovered, until fork-tender and brown on the edges, about 50 minutes. Turn potatoes halfway through for even browning; add water if all the liquid has been absorbed, before they have fully browned. If desired, garnish with oregano; serve.